Sunday, August 9, 2009

SmartPip.com blog introduction and purpose...

August 9, 2009

Hello everyone!

My name is Chris, and I am a full time currency trader in the FOREX (Foreign Exchange Market). I began trading in September 2005, and had quite a tumultuous beginning to my Forex career. It was not until I battled the emotional demons within that I was able to realize consistent success in the Forex marketplace. It does not take one very long to realize that this trading business is a far more involved, intricate, complicated, and challenging endeavor than most take it for when first introduced to it. Forex absolutely demands your complete commitment if you wish to ever have any hope of long term success.

With that said, me and my wife chose to start this blog at SmartPip.com. I have lived through a lot (and so has my wife), first bad, then fantastic, in the Forex world. I have now been a full time Forex trader for three years or so since posting this introduction. I plan to use some of the growing pains I went through to create in-depth articles along with my wife, who is far better at wording my thoughts, that might help others avoid the some of the same pitfalls I endured. Forex is a lonely business, you need to know you are not the only soul on the other end of that chart you are looking at. Also, I wish to share many of the fantastic resources out there that helped me along the way. All in hopes of helping, even if only a few of you potential traders out there, find your path to success.

Hey make no mistake about it... Forex is HARD, and you must commit long term to make it work. There is a reason most people lose in this business, they do not put in the necessary time and work to get through to the other side. This blog will NOT be here to 'Teach' you how to trade Forex, nor will I go over any specific trades, or methodology. There are more than enough resources on the internet, and in print, to fulfill that need. Consider SmartPip.com more as an inside look of a full time traders mindset, good and bad, over the course of several years, for you to possibly connect with and relate to.

I do hope you will gain some help from what we post on this blog in the future. I cannot promise extremely regular intervals of updates, but I will promise that everything that is posted will be of value to a 'real' trader.

Best Regards,

Chris

3 comments:

  1. Chris,

    As one who has recently become a full time FOREX trader, I appreciate having another resource to assist me on my journey.

    For my first 18 months of hit and miss results, I focused almost exclusively on the technical aspects of trading. This included several destroyed accounts. It was only when I started to focus upon the mental and emotional aspects of trading that I started to move into an area of consistency and modest profitability. At this point, I know that the psychology of trading is the key to becoming a professional trader.

    The application of the teachings of Mark Douglas and Brett Steenbarger have propelled me from the stage of doubt concerning the viability of trading as a career to a level of confidence that I can become a professional trader.

    Being previously exposed to your teaching, I consider you to be one of my mentors. For this, I would like to express my gratitude.

    I now look forward to following your blog. Thank you for giving your time and effort to such an endeavor.

    Mike Casey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chris, this blog looks really interesting I cant wait for your posts. Congratulations!!!!

    Xavier

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chris, I look forward tou future installments on your blog and hope others will soak up as much as you have to offer. As mike said, I consider you one of my mentors as well and wanted to let you know aside from the hard work I've peronally put in, you as well as the other coaches have indeed helped change my life forever.

    God bless and live well!

    ReplyDelete